My friend brought the bodacious Levain Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe to my attention – an epic combination of chocolate chips, hints of vanilla, and the musk of brown sugar. He noted the part muffin, part cookie, part brownie texture all in one cookie. I was sold. Have an epic chocolate chip cookie – YOLO. I set out to make the recipe inspired by Levain Bakery in New York City, but made a few alterations. Only change something good when making it your own. 🙂
YOLO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
*Important that ingredients indicated need to be cold.
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, cold and cubed
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 cold eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup pecans, roasted (optional) and chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand-mixer, beat the cold butter for a minute. Then add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and beat to combine.
- Add the beaten eggs, then the vanilla. Beat until smooth and well incorporated.
- Turn off the mixer, and stir in the chocolate chips and pecans. Spoon balls of the dough onto the baking sheet and shape into rough balls. The cookies won’t expand too much during baking.
- Place in the fridge for 30mins to cool. Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Bake the cookies for 10-15mins at 375F until the edges are just golden.
Makes 12 cookies.