Did you know Vanilla is a natural aphrodisiac? As early as the 1700s physicians prescribed it to men to ensure “potency” of their, um, cream…
This is a healthy, vegan summer treat that will make heads turn.
Vanilla Cashew Ice Cream
- 16oz raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight
- 3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2/3 cup light maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raisins (could use golden or regular)
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds from the bean
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Cover cashews with distilled water in a bowl, and let soak overnight in the fridge.
2. Drain water from the cashews. Place cashews in a Vitamix or high-quality blender with almond milk, raisins, maple syrup, vanilla bean seeds, and salt. Mix on high for a few minutes until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
3. Place in an ice cream maker (follow directions on your ice cream maker as every machine differs.) and churn until you get a rich and creamy ice cream!
Makes approx. 1 quart.