These might be the most expensive cookies you will ever make, but worth every bite. This is my third chocolate chip cookie recipe in my quest to find my favourite – including my YOLO Chocolate Chip Cookies, and the Crispy & Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies. A delicious mix of warm chocolate chips, crunchy walnuts, and the salty richness of truffle salt, these cookies won’t disappoint.
Truffle Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup fine oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter
- 2 large eggs, 1 yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- truffle salt to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until well combined. Then add the eggs and finally the vanilla.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon tablespoons of the batter onto the baking sheet and shape into balls, with some space in between each. Batter will be slightly wet.
- Place in the oven and immediately turn down the oven to 375F. Bake for 8-10mins. If doing a second round of cookies, turn the oven bake up to 400F again, then turn down once cookies are in oven. (This heat helps them to rise).
- Remove the cookies from oven and while still hot, immediately sprinkle with truffle salt.
Makes 12 cookies.