This recipe is inspired by my original Coffee Cake Worth Celebrating (and all-time favourite recipe of my readers) but with less sugar and a pumpkin twist! The crumble topping has just enough cinnamon spice to it to complement the soft sweet cake.
Thanksgiving Pumpkin Coffee Cake
You will need…
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup gluten free flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp pumpkin spice
dash of salt
dash of baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C. Grease a 8×8 baking pan with coconut oil (or any oil of choice).
- Combine coconut oil, egg, pumpkin purée, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl, or stand-mixer.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, pumpkin spice, salt, and baking soda. Add this to the wet ingredients, and combine well.
- Pour batter into the baking tray and sprinkle with Crumble Topping (see recipe below.)
- Bake at 375F for about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and while cooling, prepare the Drizzle Topping and spoon over top of the cake making a zigzag pattern. Enjoy!