When traveling for summer holiday, our skin and spirit can get exhausted and dehydrated, figuratively and literally! We came across the chamomile soothing nügg face mask, winner of the Allure Best Beauty award, and immediately needed to try it. It is an ideal product to travel with because of the single-serve pods packaging that protects the formula from oxidation. We used a soothing nügg face mask to calm and hydrate red and tired skin and loved it so much that we were inspired to make an equally relaxing and refreshing summer drink: the chamomile summer spritzer.
We have always been inspired by natural ingredients around us to use in our food and beauty products, so when the Haute Appetite team came across the 94 percent naturally-derived soothing nügg face masks with chamomile, we were immediately inspired to create a summer treat incorporating the relaxing natural effects of chamomile. We want our readers to enjoy the benefits of nügg beauty and have included our own discount code to enjoy 10 percent off your purchase from their website using code HAUT10.
Chamomile sparkling lemonade
Makes 2 (10 ounce) drinks
- Chamomile syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh chamomile buds or 1 tablespoon dried flowers
- 1/2cup sugar (using cane sugar or honey will turn drink brown instead of yellow)
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2cup soda water
- Make the syrup by bringing the water to a boil. Turn off the heat, add the chamomile and cover. Steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain, pressing the flower gently with the back of the spoon. Cool to room temperature.
- Add lemon juice to cooled syrup and divide into 2 ice-filled glasses. Top with soda and garnish with lemon rind or slices.