Thanksgiving is only a few days away and I love having lots of desserts on the table!! I make traditional pies, like my Low Fat Butternut Squash Pie, but having a quick and easy chocolate dessert is always a good idea. Delicious brownies is something I’m thankful for – !
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, extra for greasing pan
- 6 oz 70% chocolate chips
- 1 Tblsp espresso
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 12 oz 60% chocolate chips (semisweet)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
for the pumpkin swirl
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 12 (or something similar in size) baking dish.
- Melt the butter completely and add the espresso to it. Allow to cool.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt 6 oz 70% chocolate chips on low heat. Stir to make sure all properly melted.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, almond meal, 12 oz 60% chocolate chips, and both the sugars, vanilla, and finally the salt.
- Add the melted butter to the mixture and stir until well combined. Finally add the melted chocolate and stir to combine. Do not overmix.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish, and spread evenly.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pumpking puree, sugar, and pumpkin spice.
- Drizzle the pumpkin mixture over top of the brownie mix in lines, then drag a knife through the lines as seen in the photos below (to make the swirl).
- Bake for 25-30mins. Allow to cool completely before serving.