I’m always looking for ways to make my desserts healthier and lighter in calories. I’m in Paris for fashion week and this is the perfect time to make an easy and low-cal dessert. I found a product called Born Sweet® Zing™ Baking Blend that I brought from the U.S. in my luggage to use in my baking abroad. Today I made low-cal fig tarts with gluten-free crusts and only 150 calories per serving (1 tart serves 2 people and is 300 calories)!
It’s made with stevia leaf extract and pure cane sugar, and has only 5 calories per 1/2 tsp. serving. It bakes and browns just like sugar but with fewer calories! For more information on how to bake with Zing Baking Blend check out their website!
250g almond flour
125g coconut flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped out
1 tbsp Zing Baking Blend + 1 tsp / tart
pinch of salt
6 mini tart pans
- Preheat oven to 350F/160C.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, Zing™ Baking Blend, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla, and olive oil.
- Mix the wet into the dry ingredients. The mixture will become crumbly and slightly moist.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of the mixture into each tart pan and press down into the bottom and sides.
- Cut each fig into quarters (2 figs per tart pan), and arrange in the crust. Drizzle with tsp olive oil and tsp of Zing™ Baking Blend. Bake for 20 mins.