My Dad is a full-gluten, extra-butter, gimme-the-chocolate, kind of man. He’s generally quite healthy, but a cheeky sweet snack is always at his fingertips. He avoids fussing and enjoys the simple and straight-forward. So I’ve created the easiest and quickest cake you could make – in the microwave of course! It only takes 2mins to bake! Infused with a smooth stout beer, this chocolate brownie pot has a wonderful rich texture and flavour, and isn’t shy of chocolate.
CHOCOLATE BEER BROWNIE POTS FOR DAD
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder or chocolate milk powder mix
1 cup light brown sugar
8 oz (1/2 cup) butter, plus 1 Tblsp for ganache topping
8 oz dark chocolate chips, plus 1/2 cup for ganache topping
2 Tblsp dark beer (Guiness), room temp.
4 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
- Place the chocolate chips and 8 oz butter in a bowl and melt together in the microwave for about 1 min, stirring at the end until all is melted. Pour in the beer and heat for another 10secs if needed until all melted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and eggs.
- Combine the chocolate mixture with the flour, and mix together until well-incorporated.
- Pour evenly into 4 mugs, 4 small glass dishes, or any microwave-safe container. Pour mixture only to half of the container, otherwise mixture will spill over in the microwave.
- Microwave on high for 2-3mins.
- Ganache: In a bowl, melt the 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and 1 Tblsp butter in the microwave for 30secs. Stir until all melted. Spoon over each cake pot.
- Make about 4-6 pots, depending on size of mugs or container.