We can sit around eating bonbons all day with these dark chocolate covered smoothie bites! We used a silicone candy mould to freeze the smoothie into square bites, but you can also partially fill an ice cube tray for the same result. Cover with glorious chocolate and you’re straight to heaven for a spring treat.
Recipe by Alyssa Noui
- 1 banana, frozen
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 cup kale
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 7.5 oz (about ½ can) coconut milk
- 10 oz dark chocolate (80%) ,chopped or discs
- 1 oz white chocolate, chopped or discs
- Chia seeds
- Flaky sea salt
For the smoothie
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into molds and freeze until solid.
- Pop out onto a tray and keep in freezer while you prepare chocolate.
- Put the chocolate into a glass or metal bowl that will fit over a small sauce pan. Fill saucepan with about an inch of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Place bowl over simmering water. Do not allow the water to bowl. Stir gently until fully melted. Turn heat to low.
- Using a fork or dipping tool, dip frozen smoothie into chocolate and place on wax paper or rack.
- Garnish with salt and chia seeds and freeze until firm.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to two weeks.