Every morning is a good morning with my gluten-free zucchini loaf cakes. Made with hearty walnuts, and cornmeal as a secret ingredient, their sticky honey glaze makes these light and fluffy loaves just the right amount of sweet.
Gluten-Free Zucchini Loaf Cakes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raw honey, 1/4 cup extra for topping
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped,
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped for topping
- Preheat the oven to 420F. Place 4 small loaf pans (2″ x 4″) on a baking tray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, honey, oil, vanilla, and zucchini.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Add the walnuts.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry and whisk to combine. You will have a runny batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tins about 3/4 the way up.
- Bake at 420F for 5 minutes. Then turn the oven down to 350F, and bake for another 10-14mins.
- While the loafs are still hot, drizzle with honey and top with finely chopped walnuts.
- Set to cool.
Makes 4 loaf cakes.