1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard muffin/cupcake pan with liners. I did mini and regular size.
2. On medium-high speed, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Turn the mixer to high and add the eggs. Beat for 3-5mins until they get really light fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go.
3. In a separate small bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, vanilla extract and red food coloring to make a thick paste (it will be lumpy). Add to the batter and mix on medium speed until completely combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as you go to make sure everything gets incorporated.
4. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and powder, and salt. Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add half of the buttermilk. Add half of the flour mixture, and mix until combined. Scrape the bowl and repeat the process with the remaining buttermilk and flour. Beat on high until smooth.
5. Again, reduce the mixer speed to low and add the dash of vinegar. Turn to high and beat for another couple of minutes until completely combined and smooth.
6. Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners only half-way up. At this point add 2 or 3 little white chocolate chips.