Make a soft and delicate Halloween treat for those wanting an alternative to the ghoulish (and sometimes unappetizing!) desserts! These are made with oil instead of butter, which lends to a fluffier and less fattening cookie. I love Japanese matcha for its antioxidant properties, and it works really well in desserts.
Gluten-Free Matcha Cookies
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- 2 Tblsps matcha tea powder
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and ginger with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, oils, eggs, and vanilla seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine the matcha powder with 2 Tblsps of water and stir into a paste. Add this paste to the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine. Scoop Tblsp size amounts of the dough onto a lined baking sheet (roll them into balls before placing.) Refrigerate for 20mins.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Bake cookies for about 10mins. Dust with powdered sugar.