My friend has been visiting from Milan for the week, and I loved waking us up to the smell of fresh-baked muffins! Being an Italian, she wasn’t too familiar with “gluten-free”, but thought they were delicious! She’s an artist and made a few sketches of me that I thought looked inspiring beside the muffins. These are some of my quick and easy morning muffins that are also sugar and dairy free! Brava!
Gluten/Dairy/Sugar Free Blueberry Muffis
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any dairy-free milk)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 extra large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Set out paper muffin tins on a baking tray. You can buy these on amazon.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond milk, agave nectar, egg, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the gluten free flour, almond meal, baking powder, and salt. Add the blueberries gently mix to cover with the flour.
- Add the dry to the wet and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tins, to half-way. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for about 15mins until golden brown on top.
Makes about 4 muffins.