These soft and decadent chocolate crinkle cookies – dusted with seeming powdered snow – make the perfect treat for the holiday. The recipe for these cookies is pretty much the same across the board, but I changed mine up a bit, using olive oil and adding a dash of espresso to bring out the chocolate flavour. Rich and irresistible, these make a festive addition to your holiday table.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cup whites sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 tsp espresso
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cocoa, white sugar, and olive oil.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and espresso.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix the cocoa mixture with dry.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven ro 350F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls using an ice cream scoop, and coat each ball in confectioner’s sugar. Then place onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15mins.
Makes about 40 cookies.