Fall flavours are making their way into our food palettes this season, and I’ve been taking note on all the autumn hot-spots and fall-flavours that LA has to offer. Pumpkin is typical this season, but I wanted to enjoy it in a lighter, more refreshing way considering the scorching temperatures in LA even at this time of year! Yoghurt I find is a perfect solution for this, and I came across a new and delicious brand called noosa!
noosa yoghurt was started by an Australian, but is made on a family farm in Colorado with all-natural, wholesome ingredients. Australian expat Koel Thomae set out to bring the best tasting yoghurt to the U.S., and founded noosa with Colorado dairy farmer Rob Graves. noosa comes from an authentic family recipe and is all-natural, gluten-free, probiotic, and made with whole milk. Yum!
I wanted to try a fun new way to enjoy yoghurt, so I made this quick and easy apple cinnamon recipe that is full of fall flavour using noosa as a dip!
noosa Pumpkin and Honey Yoghurt with Apple Cinnamon Chips
- 6 Fuji apples
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 5 tsps cinnamon
- noosa Pumpkin yoghurt
- noosa Honey yoghurt
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. Preheat the oven to 160F.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Thinly slice the apples (you could use a julienne slicer) place on the baking sheets and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mix.
- Bake for 8 hours on 160F. This will dehydrate the apples and make them turn into crispy chips! (Use a dehydrator if you have one instead of the oven.)
- Use the yoghurts as dips for the apple chips.
To get a festive feeling without the cold weather and golden leaves crunching at your feet, I’ve rounded up my Top 5 LA Fall Favourites!
noosa Pumpkin Yoghurt – a creamy, velvety texture yoghurt with a dash of sweet pumpkin purée.
American Tea Room DTLA – trendy new tea room in the Arts District of DTLA featuring one of the best collections of tea in California. Come here for a chai latte!
Pumpkin Pie at The Pie Hole – everyone’s favourite pie place in DTLA featuring delicious seasonal favourites.
Canyon hikes – just outside LA are countless hiking trails where you can enjoy the autumn colours and changing of the leaves.
- Persimmons – nothing says fall in LA like persimmons. Try the persimmon beignet at Fundamental LA in Westwood.