Chocolate Chip Cookies are a very personal affair…
Some people like them thick and fluffy, like my Yolo Chocolate Chip Cookies, and some people prefer them thin and crispy. This particular recipe yields cookies that are crispy on the outside and gooey in the middle. I’m still experimenting with different recipes, because there’s the perfect cookie for everyone – we come in all shapes and sizes, and so do our chocolate chip cookies!
Crispy & Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 vanilla bean pod, seeds scraped out
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and well combined. Add the eggs and combine. Finally scrape out the seeds of a vanilla bean pod, and mix into the batter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and powder, and salt. Add to the wet batter and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon Tblsp sized amounts of the dough onto the cookie sheet leaving about 2″ between each. Shape into balls.
- Bake for about 8-10mins or browned on the edges.
Makes about 12 cookies.