It was my friend’s birthday last week and he LOVES cookies! Its to the point where he texts me photos of sinfully decadent cookies that he is about to devour. So I thought it only appropriate to make him some for his bday… I put marshmallows in these, and during baking, they melted to caramelized perfection. You can also try playing with chilling the dough before baking, as this will change the thickness of the cookies. If you want a thicker cookie, chill the dough in the fridge for about 15mins. If you want a flat cookie, no chilling!
Chocolate Chip Walnut Marshmallow Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks (bar of dark chocolate, chopped)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl or stand-mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating each into the batter until incorporated. Add the vanilla.
- Mix the baking soda with hot water in a small bowl, and add to the batter. Add the salt.
- Beat in the flour.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, chunks, walnuts, and marshmallows.
- Place the batter in the fridge for 15mins.
- Drop spoonfuls of the chilled batter onto the baking tray, allowing 2 inches in between (they will spread out).
- Bake for 12-15mins until golden brown on top.