Valentine’s Day is upon us and you’ll sure get lots of kisses for serving this scrumptious cherry strudel! Don’t be intimidated by the puff pastry… Many specialty food stores sell frozen puff-pastry ready made! Simply thaw out, unroll, and fill with your favourite filling – et voila!
- 2 cans pitted sour cherries (can use equivalent pitted fresh cherries – approx. 800g)
- 1 roll pre-made puff pastry, refrigerated
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tblsp flour
- 1 Tblsp Kirsch (cherry liquor)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 375F.
- If using canned cherries, strain the cherries of their juice, pressing the juice out with your hands.
- In a large bowl, combine the cherries, sugar, cinnamon, Kirsch, and flour.
- Remove the puff pastry from the fridge, and unroll it onto the parchment paper on the baking tray. Fill with the cherry filling, then fold up the sides and flip over. Brush with egg wash on top, then bake in the oven for approx. 30mins or until golden brown.