The holidays are in full swing for many of us (Happy Chanukah!) and I’m getting ready with these beautifully festive Pistachio Truffles. The cool yet vibrant green adds festive flair to any holiday setting.
Making truffles is fairly straight forward, the only thing that needs special attention is when melting the chocolate to make the ganache! I sometimes need a few tries to get the consistency right… Don’t we all have kitchen disasters. For this ganache I used full fat coconut milk instead of heavy cream, so these are lower in fat and friendly to those with lactose intolerance.
1 package (250g) 70% dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, at room temp.
1/2 cup pistachios roasted, finely chopped
1/4 tsp salt
- In a double-boiler (a medium glass bowl over a small pot of simmering water), melt the dark chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Remove from heat, and pour in the coconut milk. Stir until combined and smooth.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for several hours to harden.
- Line your countertop with parchment paper to set truffles. Fill a small bowl with chopped pistachios.
- Remove the chocolate coconut ganache from the fridge. Scoop teaspoon sized balls of the chocolate ganache and roll into a ball with your hands. Roll the chocolate ball in pistachios (you might have to press the pistachios into the truffles to set).
- Repeat until you have used all of the chocolate ganache.