The New Year 2016 is here! Take time to focus your intentions on all the good your new year can bring to you, and of course, indulge in a sweet treat to uplift your holiday vibe! Saffron is an exotic spice used for thousands of years as an elixir of happiness, love, and good health. Cheers! (Adapted from a recipe from Ottolenghi.com)
Champagne Saffron Jelly
- 1 bottle champagne (750mL)
- generous pinch of saffron
- 150g sugar
- 25g of powdered gelatine
- Pour 200mL of the champagne into a medium saucepan, with the saffron, sugar, and 100mL of water. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Add the powdered gelatine to the mixture and stir with a whisk until it completely dissolves.
- Pour the contents into a large bowl and add the rest of the champagne. Stir the contents again, and then pour through a sieve into a large jug, or some container that allows you to pour easily.
- Pour the liquid into a variety of glasses stopping a 1/4″ from the top. I used an assortment of vintage glasses.
- Place in the fridge until the jelly hardens. Sprinkle sugar sprinkles on top.