The 12 Days of Christmas are here! Starting off the countdown to Christmas, I’ve made Chocolate Swirl Peppermint Bark and not only does it look exceptionally beautiful, it also tastes exceptionally good!
Crisp and sweet, the minty freshness combined with the slightly salty almond is to die for.
Chocolate Swirl Peppermint Bark
1/2 bag of white chocolate chips (about 150g)
200g 70% dark chocolate, finely chopped
1 Tblsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp mint extract
2 candy canes, chopped
handful of almonds
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare 2 double boilers (double boiler: glass bowl resting over a pot of simmering water).
- Put the dark chocolate in the first double boiler and allow to melt.
- Put white chocolate chips in the second double boiler and allow to melt. Add the coconut oil, and stir to combine. Once melted, remove from heat.
- Once the dark chocolate has melted, remove from heat and add the mint extract, stirring until combined.
- Using a spatula, spoon the dark chocolate onto the parchment paper and smooth out to a rectangle shape.
- Spoon the white chocolate into a plastic Ziploc bag and cut a small hole at one corner. Pipe the white chocolate in horizontal lines over the dark chocolate. Run a knife vertically through the white and dark chocolate to get the swirl pattern. Sprinkle with candy cane and almonds. Set aside to harden.
Watch the video to see how easy it is!
Break into chunks and enjoy!